Meet Dr. Hector Cardenas
"I have always practiced medicine with the idea that the physician-patient relationship is the greatest tool to achieve optimal health. I believe that education about these marvelous machines we call our bodies will help everyone take better control of their lives."
-Dr. Hector Cardenas
“The race is not always to the swift, but to those who keep running.”
About Dr. Cardenas
Dr. Cardenas graduated from University of California, Davis. He obtained his medical degree from the University of California at San Francisco. He completed his internship and internal medicine residency at Stanford University. Dr. Cardenas is board certified in Internal Medicine. He has practiced Internal Medicine in San Diego for 21 years Dr. Cardenas has received numerous awards which includes San Diego Magazine's "Top Doctor" award. Click here to learn more about the services offered.
Fluent in Spanish and English.
When not practicing medicine, you can find Dr. Cardenas running or riding his bike along the scenic trails around San Diego. He also enjoys cooking, movies and movie trivia, and spending time with his wife, Dr. Carrie and their two teenage boys.
- Board Certified, Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine Residency, Stanford University Hospital, 1996-1998
- Internship, Stanford University Hospital, 1995-1996
- Medical Degree, University of California, San Francisco, CA, 1991-1995
- Bachelor of Science, Biological Sciences, University of California, Davis, Davis, CA, 1986-1990