- Fight Fatigue July 9, 2019
Wake-up Call: Fight Fatigue at Its Roots
Are these ordinary signs of aging? Exhausted throughout the day, joy in life slowly diminishing, active lifestyle becoming a distant memory. No, no and no. Feeling tired all the ... Continue Reading
- Walk with a Doc: July 21, 2019 June 25, 2019
According to the American Heart Association, walking has the lowest dropout rate of any physical activity. Think it doesn’t do any good? Think again. Walking is low impact; easier on the joints than running. It is safe – with a doctor’s okay – for people with ... Continue Reading
- An Update on the Measles Outbreak in the US April 29, 2019
What are the newest guidelines for measles vaccinations?
- Adults with no evidence of immunity should get 1 dose of MMR. Immunity is defined as documented receipt of 1 dose, or 2 doses, 4 weeks apart if high risk, of live measles virus-containing vaccine, laboratory evidence of immunity or ... Continue Reading
- Spring Training April 2, 2019
Spring Training: Ramping Up after a Long, Sedentary Winter
Whether you went into hibernation as the result of a record cold winter season, or took time off from your usual exercise routine because of a busy ... Continue Reading
- Medical Marijuana Myths April 2, 2019
Smoking Out the Myths: Medical Marijuana
Does medical marijuana offer a solution to treating epilepsy, chronic pain, anxiety and neurogenerative diseases? Or is it an untested, potentially unsafe treatment that will eventually turn out to be ... Continue Reading
- Adult ADD April 2, 2019
Attention Please: ADD/ADHD is Not Just a Childhood Condition
In the 21stcentury, it’s standard procedure to test unfocused, impulsive and restless children who struggle to achieve in school for Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) and Attention Deficit ... Continue Reading
- Dr. Cardenas In The News! February 27, 2019
Dr. Carrie Cardenas of Cardenas Internal Medicine was highlighted in a recent article on Patch.com. Dr. Cardenas was mentioned for the opening of her new concierge internal medicine practice in San Diego, CA. You can view the full article here.Continue Reading
- American Heart Month: Healthy Recipe February 8, 2019
February is American Heart Month.
Enjoy this delicious recipe that will nourish your heart and soul.
Click here to find a list of other heart-healthy recipes provided by the American Heart Association.
- The Age of Anxiety January 11, 2019
Higher Anxiety? Our ‘age of anxiety’ began four centuries ago
It can come on suddenly and intensely, causing shaking, confusion and difficulty breathing for no apparent reason…trigger an irrational avoidance of elevators or public transportation…or become ... Continue Reading
- Going with the Grain January 11, 2019
Going with the Grain
They may be the culinary trendsetters of the 21st century, but the ancient wonders of the grain world have remain unchanged for the last several hundred years. From chia to kamut, sorghum ... Continue Reading